Saturday, June 07, 2008

How to Pick a President | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

How to Pick a President | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

I whole heartedly agree with this way to pick a president. Forget the issues this election year. Look at the heart of the person you're electing. It's hard to cut that deeply in the lives of these folks since the media just wants to talk about the surface issue and anything that can cause the next controversy. Still, work hard to see the heart avoiding a bias that is formed in party politics. I think that's what Jesus would have us do in light of how he treated those he encountered. Heck, he usually chastised those that held the "right" position on issues of his day (i.e., the Pharisees) and welcomed those that the churchy type people would have announced to be wrong on the issues.

I'm not saying that I know that one candidate is more virtuous than the other. I don't know who I'd pick on that criteria at this point, but I'm watching.