Monday, December 08, 2008

Why I blog

Recently, I read that a blog can be about one of two people: yourself or the reader.  I read a bunch of blogs and have found that generally true.  My blog--this one--is about me and for me.  I started it to communicate my otherwise unspoken thoughts.  It's sort of a journal.

So A World that I'm Partly Made of  is at its core a journal of thoughts intended for me as I think them through.  It is a reflection on the world from my point of view.

On the other hand, I could have written these thoughts down in a journal book stored in my desk.  But I haven't. My blog is public because maybe there is someone out there that will benefit from knowing how I think, understanding my values, and reading links to others who help me to form my thoughts.

So, if you're reading this, you're welcome to poke around, comment or leave as you like.  Since it is about me and for me, it will be raw, rough and maybe a little one sided.  I don't have it proof read which is dangerous for a dyslexic writer.  I do hope it will also be honest and insightful, and I hope that seeing things through my point of view helps you to understand your world better.