Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Reflextion: God is not an introvert

In order to get to really know what an introvert is thinking, you have to work really hard, ask all the right questions and hope that the introvert is willing to open the door of their heart wide enough that you can peek in.


I think that's how I've seen God.  Maybe it is the old man on a cloud image of God that leads me to think that prayer is about me asking and saying the right things, then straining to hear a quick word or two from God, then maybe I'll understand a bit about his will.  But, now, I don't think that's true.

God is an extrovert.  He gets his enjoyment out of people, talking to them, telling them about his experience, his emotions, his burning desires. 

If you don't know what an extrovert is thinking, it could be that you've either closed your ears to them or you misunderstand them.  Perhaps you see them as too flighty or self absorbed.  But if you think this, you may be missing the fact that they really just want to communicate  and demonstrate love to everyone.


Let God be an extrovert and I think you'll understand more about his desire to show love to you.