Monday, January 26, 2009

Hibernation and X Games

It's the middle of Winter now, January 26, a week before Punxsutawney Phil annually informs us that winter will go on, and so often for 6 more week.  The holidays have passed and all the joy of those things has become irrelevant.

It seems I have two options at this time.  Succumb to the strong call to retreat into my home and hibernate.  The television seasons are all gearing up to help me with that options.  I caught Lost last week and can't wait for next Wednesday.

However, while scanning the TV channels this week, I noticed that the annual Winter Games are on.  Snow
boarders and skiers doing ridiculous tricks for points, but even when the loose by falling on their heads they get up pumped because of the adrenaline rush they produced.

I realize that this winter season gives me two options.  Hibernate and do little of anything or seek incredible weather related thrills by becoming an audacious snowboarder.

Since the snow stinks in my area and my knees don't work as they should, maybe I need to find other ways to seek my thrills so I'm going to use this Winter to start something new.  I'm going to try to do something and gather people together in a way that I've never seen before.  I'm going to be creative in doing so.  And I just might dream up the details to this new, exciting thing while watching the X Games in my PJs.