Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Start making a new culture

Andy Crouch asks there questions in his book Culture Making There is a great video from Q where he reveals those questions.

The Questions:
  • What are you cultivating?
  • What are you creating?
  • Who are you co-creators?

Cultivating is taking something in culture and making it better, more productive, or valuable for today.

Creating is making something new out of nothing?

Co-creators are those who help you to make culture anew.  They start as a small group (3), move to a larger group (12), and then to a community (120).  (Sounds similar to Seth Godin's Tribes, doesn't it.)

Answering these question:
  • I'm cultivating a new way to do family ministry at Grace Point.
  • I'm not sure what I'm creating just yet, but it will be something to help connect families. 
  • I have a few circles of 3, sometimes they connect, but not always.  I think the most important two people pertaining to what I'm cultivating are Nate and Cassandra - my youth and children's directors.